20 de desembre del 2012

Save my soul



My mother died on October 31st, a year ago. That night, my father, my brother and I discovered my mum was laying on her room’s ground with a stuck knife in her hearth! It was the most horrible thing that I saw in my life. At the end, It was only a suicide. Nobody knew the reason for the suicide but I noticed that the knife was ours.

One afternoon I went to buy some flowers to bring them at the graveyard. There, I found Amy whose brother died at age of five so many times she comes to the graveyard. I was talking with her until late. When she left I went quickly to my mother’s tomb, I put the flowers, I stood up, I looked around, and I saw floating above every tomb a ghost! My mother was also there! I started to run quickly to the gates of the graveyard but they were closed. I didn’t know what to do in that moment. Every ghost had the same knife that my mother used to commit suicide. Suddenly all the ghosts started to say that they want my soul. The ghosts took me and killed me. I waked up with a startled reaction, I was in my bet it was only a dream. My room’s door opened and my brother and my father had strange on knife in their faces! ‘Is it again a dream? What happened?’

So it wasn’t a suicide it was a murder committed by the father and the brother because the father considered that his wife was a witch and she curses all of the members of the family.

That was the last day of Katy’s life. Nobody knows what happened but since then, the house is a haunted house. And there’s a legend that it says that the boy and the father are wicked spirits that appeared in the house as ghosts with a strong glow. Sometimes people can hear the screams of Katy asking for help.

Those events happened in Borley, a small village about 100 kilometres from London, and it is also the village with more ghosts that you can find in England.


Damaris Alexandra Dorobantu


*Conte premiat en el III Concurs de microrelats de terror 2012, organitzat per la biblioteca amb el suport dels departaments de Català, Castellà i Llengües estrangeres de l'Institut Cristòfol Despuig.